Thursday, September 27, 2007

G-R- you kidding m-E Exam


According to the GRE website, the exam “measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and critical thinking and analytical writing skills that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are not related to any specific field of study.”

If you’d ask me, I think it is an exam that is full of ****. Yes, I said it.

The GRE exam is one of many standardized exams. The only difference with all the exams is the cost to take them. The price tag for the GRE exam is $140.

Unfortunately, I will be taking this exam in late October. I plan on furthering my education in the Graduate realm. Most students in Political Science take the Law School route. I just want to take the time to tell them: Thank you, thank you for not being competition.

I thought about taking the Law School route but I realized if I did, all I could be is a lawyer. Weird, huh? Meanwhile, if I took the Grad school route I can be whatever I want.

I will never understand why it is that we need to take an exam in order to complete an application for Grad school. As much as I detest the exam and bash on it, I have to submit to it and take it.

I’ll put the effort to study for it, but let the record show I am not pleased. I’d rather have an interview of any kind, than take an exam. Especially, one that expects to test me on knowledge “acquired over a long period of time.”

If you know what a tome is then your ahead of the curve. (Oh, and if you have a Masters and/or Doctorate and you know the definition of the word, then you don’t count.) Now, if you don’t have a clue as to what the meaning of the word is then join the group. The creators of this exam have got to be kidding me.



Image Credit: http://www.someecards.com

No comments: