Thursday, September 6, 2007

Problems? Answer: Money...




I came across this artwork a few years ago. At first I recall laughing at what was written on it. Later, I thought about its significance. The artist who created it apparently was trying to send a message. I’ve seen many of Donny Miller’s work, I even own a few of his art books, but this piece quite frankly speaks to me.

Why does it speak to me? It must be the fact that it’s true. Money is something that we all want and need. Some of us might say, “Oh, it’s not that important to me.” Excuse me? No, believe me, it is important to all of us. In some way, shape or form, money plays a very important role in our everyday lives.

Think of the many uses we have for money. It gets us what we most desire and most importantly it gets us out of any problem. Lets take a moment to think about those who have lots of this so called, “Money.” Can they do whatever they want? Yes. Can they buy whatever they want? Yes. Are they happy? Of course they are.

For those of you who believe money doesn’t buy happiness. Are you sure? I mean seriously, think about it. I want more of it, I’m sure you do as well. If you don’t, then let those who want some get some of yours. It’s funny how green pieces of paper have rule over us. Yet, imagine yourself without any of it. Not a pretty picture. Take a hard look at the artwork, what do you think about it?

“Money fixes everything. Just rub it on any problem you have in your life.” – Donny Miller


Image Credit: http://www.donnymiller.com/archive/gallery/moneyfixeseverything.html

No comments: